Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Annnnnd I'm Back...?

Once again, I have abandoned the blog.  With the summer wide open, I hope to be able to update this more frequently and get into blogging.  I have found so many wonderful sites dedicated to helping teachers that I want to develop my own.  I am not very skilled at websites, so please have patience with me!

I am in the process of interviews right now, so in the meantime I have been working on items for my classroom and can't wait to share!  My favorite blog linkys are Monday Made It(s) (MMIs), so I have my own.  Even though it's Wednesday.

Who doesn't love pointers?  They are SO expensive from teacher stores, and the closest one I have found is in Lynchburg, an hour away from me.  SO I resorted to creating my own.

I want my kiddos to have a pointer to go with each story, season, or interest.  So, I made A LOT.

To start with, shop your local craft store or Wally-World for pre-painted wooden shapes.  Then, find small dowel sticks (in the same aisle) to attach them to.  Some mod podge scrapbook paper to the sticks.  I didn't.


Use a hot glue gun to attach the shapes to the sticks.  You can even add ribbon below for a little flair (I didn't).  Voila!  You have your own pointers for a tiny cost! (I will add the finished product later :) )

Also, I am currently reading The First Days of School: How to Be an Effective Teacher by Rosemary and Harry Wong.  This book is probably required by many districts for first year teachers to read.  Personally, I think ALL teachers should read this book.  It's engaging and so helpful with such great tips and reminders for beginning of the year procedures.  It's a must read!


Next up, the Daily Five book by Gail Boushey and Joan Moser for literacy and writing centers.


Stay tuned for more classroom creations and ideas!


No comments:

Post a Comment